Bharat Jangam: A Brief Introduction About Chairperson
With his persistence and dedication over the last 4 decades, he has achieved the following status:
Senior Journalist: -
He started his career in journalism in 2027 B.S. (1970 AD) and is still continuing till now. He started by writing article in papers and gradually covered all major Nepalese daily newspaper like Gorkhapatra, Kantipur, Nepal samacharpatra, Himalaya times, Lokpal, Rajdhani and so on. Similarly he has worked as an editor & publisher of a weekly newspaper “Nepali Aawaj”. With these contributions in the long and illustrious field of journalism for such long he has gained the status of senior journalist.
Literary Figure: -
Jangam entered into literary world with his well-known novel ‘The Black Sun’ in 2036 B.S. (1979 AD) and gained an international recognition in the field of Literature within a short period of time. The Black Sun has been translated into several languages like English, Hindi, Urdu, Kannad, Aasami, Bengali, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Maithili, Bhojpuri, Doteli, Newari and Sanskrit. He has published four novels namely The Black Sun, Byuhachakra, The Red Sun and Khowpadesh. Similarly Nirbandha Bandhan, an anthology of short stories and some books of poetry & songs have also been published. Likewise three anthologies of essays namely “Thought and Perspective”, “Fifty Context”, “Movement against corruption” have also been published. His prolific contribution in taking Nepali literature on international level has positioned him as prominent and senior literacy figure.
Having started social service from 2027 B.S. (1970 AD), Mr. Jangam established “Jangam Scholorship” for needy and laborious students from which hundreds of students have been benefitted. He filed a case at Supreme Court in 2065 B.S. against the government interference in the worship custom at Pashupatinath and fought constantly to maintain the ancient culture and tradition. He stopped government’s attempt to capture control on the treasure that belongs to the trust of Pashupatinath temple. Furthermore, he succeeded to abandon the Christians attempt to make burial site at Mrigasthali within the Pashupati area. It is also recognized as his effort to safeguard the natural resource and geenery of that holy land. Similarly Mr. Jangam has great contribution to build and renovate various temples, monastery, public and religious shrines in and outside Kathmandu valley.
He has been filing writ at Supreme Court about various matter of public interest since 2055 B.S. (1998 AD) and compelled the stake holders to make decision in favour of social welfare. Some major cases he field at the court for safe guarding the social justice are as follows:
- Mr. Jangam filed writ in 2057 against the pension act for former members of parliament that was promulgated in 2052 B.S. and urged to end that privilege.
- The Supreme Court had repealed parliament development fund in 2058 B.S. That case was also filed by Mr. Jangam. But since 2065 B.S. the members of parliament have been spending budget from that fund illegally without any regulating act.
- Similarly, Supreme Court declared to stop government officials from taking dual facility in 2058 B.S. It was also the case filed by Mr. Jangam.
- Since the appealing right of commission for investigation of abuse of authority (CIAA) had been seized, the appealing right of CIAA was revived later by the writ filed by Bharat Jangam.
- The ordinance concerning privilege to former VVIPS and VIPS (2069 B.S.) proposed by the government led by Dr. Baburam Bhattarai was repealed. It saved millions of revenue to the government from these unnecessary expense.
- The first constituent assembly extended its tenure unconstitutionally and was intending to extend it in again in 2069. But later the Supreme Court decleared the deadline of that constituent assembly up to 14th Jestha 2069. But the assembly failed to promulgate constitution during that time and was dissolved.
Guardianship of Temples:
As a chief patron of Doleshwor Mahadev Temple (Upper part of Kedarnath Temple), chief advisor of Pashupatinath volunteer union, chief patron of AnantaLingeshwor Mahadev Temple, Bageshwori and Saraswati Holy Land, Bharat Jangam has contributed a lot for the development of religious shrines of Nepal.
Bharat Jangam’s Diamond Jubilee Ceremony Committee published ‘Immortal Personality Bharat Jangam’ in 2063 and organized a civil felicitation in his honour. Similarly, poet Yagyabalkya composed an epic namely ‘Bharatendu’ in 2064 B.S making Mr. Jangam as the protagonist of that poetry.
Various episodes of the popular Television program ‘The Black Sun’ by Bharat Jangam can be watched in YouTube. That Television program has proudly been accepted by government body, corporations and other organizations.
Dedicated to the anti-corruption campaign since 2027 B.S. (1970 AD), he has succeeded to gift the pioneer book on anticorruption science, ‘Anticorruptology’ to the world to take it forward. Anticorruptology is the science of anticorruption and the book ‘Anticorruptology’ is the first attempt in the discipline in world academics. With that book, it is hoped that anticorruptology would also be taught in all universities of the world. As this science was conceived by Mr. Jangam, he is also referred as father of anticorruption science.
His biography and details of work can be studied in Wikipedia. Besides these, other sites with the information about Bharat Jangam and his contribution are www.jangam.com.np, www.anticorrution.org.np, www.jangamacademy.org, www.doleshwor.org.np, www.anticorruptology.wordpress.com